Welcome to Sunset Valley Elementary School for the 2016-2017 school year! We invite you to join in the support and education of approximately 550 students. At SSV, we are committed to the district mission to:
“Provide a comprehensive educational experience that is high quality, challenging, and inspires all students to make a positive contribution to society."
Families can help us with thiscommitment in the following ways:
- Emphasize that effort is the key to success in every classroom. In order for students to succeed, they must participate and strive to make their best effort daily.
- Help your child realize that they have a responsibility to help their classmates succeed. If they form supportive relationships with their peers, higher quality work can result for all.
- Take time to celebrate your child’s successes. They will then strive for even higher goals.
- Support your child’s teachers. Attend conferences, write letters of encouragement, and volunteer for school activities.
- Help your childattend school every day and beon time every day. Regular and prompt attendance is very important!
Sunset Valley is a great place for kids to learn! We are proud to have your family as part of the SSV tradition and look forward to working with you!